Exiting the investment is one of the most crucial aspects of Trust Deed investing; it determines the net or actual profitability of the investors. An investor should never assume or accept the primary exit strategy offered by the borrower or Broker, as in many cases it is the only real one for the investors.
Remember the example on PITFALL #5? Well for the borrower the exit strategy is the development of the property for a profit, taking of the principle (for other uses) and Deed in Lue the property back to the investors to stop the Foreclosure. The investors are left with typically an over-encumbered property (that’s why the borrower defaulted) to decide to take a principle loss now or wait to see if the future offers something better in market valuations.
Invest in properties that have multiple exit strategies; improved properties that are rentable for cash flow. If the property is improved and has value to a market then once managed correctly can be seller financed sold if the capital markets are not favorable to sell outright. Either way the investor minimized loss potentials, gains cash flow potential and now has a passive, secured investment like they were investing for initially.
- Thank you for visiting our blog. I'm very active on here, so if there is a topic you would like me to cover, please let me know.
I am the CEO of EquiAlt: real estate based alternative investment firm with activities in equity, debt and private equity. Since 2008, EquiAlt's management has demonstrated a high level of competence in hundreds of distressed asset transactions, recapitalized companies while lending on landmark Las Vegas projects.
We understand that there are several strategies and goals in the area of real estate investing. Based on our experience, we offer education and offerings that are truly investment grade. Available products for investors range from totally passive to the traditional active.
Specialties: Risk management, deal structuring, asset improvement, asset allocation, networking, leadership, portfolio building and management.
- 2017.06.08In the NewsSigns of a lending squeeze for new apartments, retail and other Tampa Bay businesses
- 2015.04.15Real EstateTampa Apartments See Massive Rent Increase
- 2015.03.31Home OwnershipHelping Homeless Veterans in Tampa Bay, EquiAlt Donates Three Homes To Potter’s House Community Development.
- 2015.03.03UncategorizedNEWS RELEASE: EquiAlt Launches Long Term Portfolio With 172 Tampa Bay Properties With Additional $4.5 Million Spent In Rehabilitation Funds To Improve Local Neighborhoods.